email@example.com • (519) 701-0563 • @hala_ghonaim
Multimedia Reporter The London Free Press London, ON May – August 2016
- Pitched and generated stories and videos for online and print. Covered local and breaking news stories, while monitoring the police scanner. Featured in sister papers: The Sarnia Observer, the Chatham Daily News, the St. Thomas-Times Journal, the Stratford Beacon Herald, and the Woodstock Sentinel-Review.
Opinions Editor The Western Gazette, London, ON 2016-present
- Manages and assigns work for more than three column writers. Assigns stories to volunteers and overlooks work providing feedback. Writes columns regarding campus, local and global concerns.
Broadcaster/ Reporter 106.9 XFM News, London, ON 2014-present
- Generates and reports on current stories. Covers breaking news stories while assigned a specified beat including city hall, court and education. Broadcasts hourly newscasts to a wide audience in London. Creates bi-weekly documentaries regarding community issues
Sports Editor The Western Gazette, London, ON 2015-2016
- Attended weekly pitch meetings and generated stories for online and print. Co-hosted a radio podcast and organized video stories. Assigned stories to volunteers and overlooked work providing feedback.
Program Coordinator The City of London, London, ON 2010-2014
- Instructed youths on basic skills to stimulate creativity and intellect through sports and crafts. Created a weekly schedule of new activities for individual classes.
Production Assistant Rogers Television, London, ON 2013
- Filmed news segments, edited clips, prompted speakers and assembled cameras and sound systems for multiple television news shows on Rogers Television. Led volunteers and produced and entertaining news broadcasts.
English Editor Hona London, London, ON 2012- 2013
- Reported and edited content, and interviewed professionals for a monthly print and digital multi-lingual (Arabic, English, and Latin) publication circulated in Toronto and London, Ontario.
Writer-Intern London Link Magazine, London, ON 2013
- Covered local news events while given immediate submission deadlines for a monthly print and digital magazine that reached 40 000 local and global readers through online outlets.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, conversant in German
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audacity, Moviemaker Pro, Newsroom 2.0
Bachelor of Arts (Media, Theory and Production)
Western University- September 2013- April 2017
Diploma (Broadcast Journalism)
Fanshawe College- September 2013- April 2017